Classic lash extensions and volume lash extensions are two different techniques used in eyelash extension application. Here are the differences between the two:
Classic Lash Extensions: Classic lash extensions involve the application of a single synthetic lash extension to each natural lash. This technique is typically used to achieve a natural, subtle look. Classic lash extensions are perfect for clients who have a good amount of natural lashes and are looking to add some length and thickness without an overly dramatic effect.
Volume Lash Extensions: Volume lash extensions involve the application of multiple, ultra-fine synthetic lashes to each natural lash. This technique is used to create a fuller, more dramatic look. Volume lash extensions are perfect for clients who have sparse or fine natural lashes and are looking to add volume and density.
Here are some more differences between classic and volume lash extensions:
1. Thickness: Classic lash extensions are typically thicker than volume lashes. Classic lashes are typically between 0.15mm and 0.20mm in diameter, while volume lashes are thinner, ranging from 0.03mm to 0.10mm. This allows volume lashes to be applied in a fan-like shape with multiple lashes without weighing down the natural lashes.
2. Length: Classic lash extensions are typically longer than volume lashes. Classic lashes can range from 8mm to 15mm in length, while volume lashes are usually between 8mm to 12mm. This is because volume lashes are thinner and lighter than classic lashes, and longer length could cause damage to the natural lashes.
3. Application Time: Volume lash extensions take longer to apply than classic lash extensions. This is because the volume technique involves creating a fan shape with multiple lashes, which requires more time and precision.
4. Maintenance: Classic lash extensions require less maintenance than volume lash extensions. Classic lashes last longer than volume lashes because they are applied one-to-one and require less adhesive. Volume lashes require more frequent maintenance because the fan shape requires more adhesive, which can cause the lashes to fall out more quickly.
5. Cost: Volume lash extensions are typically more expensive than classic lash extensions. This is because the volume technique requires more time and skill than classic lash application.
In summary, the main difference between classic and volume lash extensions lies in the number of lashes applied to each natural lash. Classic lashes are applied one-to-one, while volume lashes are applied in a fan-like shape with multiple lashes. The desired look and the client’s natural lashes are important factors to consider when choosing between classic and volume lash extensions.