Eyelash extensions can cause damage to your natural lashes if they are not applied or maintained properly. Here are some signs that your eyelash extensions may be causing damage to your natural lashes:
1. Lash breakage: If your natural lashes are breaking or falling out more frequently than usual, this may be a sign that your eyelash extensions are too heavy or are not properly attached.
2. Thinning or bald spots: If you notice thinning or bald spots in your natural lashes, this may be a sign that the eyelash extensions are pulling on your natural lashes or that the adhesive is causing damage.
3. Itching or redness: If you experience itching, redness, or other signs of irritation around the eyes, this may be a sign of an allergic reaction to the adhesive or other products used during the application process.
4. Pain or discomfort: If you experience pain or discomfort in or around the eyes, this may be a sign that the eyelash extensions are too heavy or that they are pulling on your natural lashes.
5. Uneven or misshapen lashes: If your eyelash extensions are uneven or misshapen, this may be a sign that they are not properly applied or that they are causing damage to your natural lashes.
If you experience any of these signs, it is important to speak with your eyelash technician as soon as possible to discuss ways to address the damage and prevent further damage from occurring. It may be necessary to remove the eyelash extensions to allow your natural lashes to heal and regrow.